ComPortOne Cemetery Sites for the Midwest

Cemeteries in Northern Illinois

FENLON CEMETERY - EST 1843

Laona Township, Winnebago County, Illinois

Fenlon Cemetery is located 5 miles north Durand, Illinois on Center Road, about 1/2 mile south of of the Wisconsin state line. It was established in 1843. The small cemetery consists of mostly older monuments. The family names found in the Fenlon Cemetery are: Fenlon, McGraw, Sammon, Fox, Cavanaugh, Nelson, Powers, Dagnan, McDermott.

Written on back of Fenlon Cemetery Monument
"In memory of the Fenlon Family, the early Catholic settlers and Fr. Samuel Mazzuchelli O.P. All of who served this area. The plot was obtained by a land grant in 1843 to James and Peter Fenlon was then deeded in 1862 to the Diocese of Chicago."

fenlon.jpg - 5983 Bytes fenlon658.jpg - 5778 Bytes
Fenlon Cemetery stone at entrance
All headstones are at the far end
fenlon659.jpg - 4871 Bytes fenlon662.jpg - 5378 Bytes
John McDERMOTT
POWERS & DAGNON
fenlon667.jpg - 6384 Bytes
fenlon677.jpg - 5530 Bytes
Elizabeth FENLON
FENLON Monument
fenlon685.jpg - 6538 Bytes
fenlon695.jpg - 4985 Bytes
Patrick, son of Peter & Ann FENLON
Words on back of Cemetery Dedication

Cemeteries in Winnebago County

Cemeteries in Northern Illinois
Cemeteries in Southern Wisconsin

ComPortOne Home Page