ComPortOne Cemetery Sites for the Midwest

Cemeteries in Northern Illinois

LAONA CEMETERY - EST 1860

Laona Township, Winnebago County, Illinois

Laona Cemetery is located 2 miles north Durand, Illinois [20 miles NW of Rockford, Illinois] on Yale Bridge Road, about 1/2 mile east of Center Road. It was established in 1860. The cemetery consists of mostly older monuments but has received donated adjacent property for more burials. Some family names found in the Laona Cemetery are: Curtis, Slocum, Snyder, Saelens, Fenlon.

Wording on signage:   Laona Township Cemetery 1860
West Cemetery - In memory of Nick Saelens. West Cemetery donated by Mr. and Mrs. Chas. Saelens. 1980. East Cemetery - In memory of James Fenlon - donated in the year 1860.

laona696.jpg - 6322 Bytes laona698.jpg - 6213 Bytes
Welcome to Laona Township Cemetery
Slocum family monument
laona697.jpg - 5166 Bytes laona700.jpg - 5422 Bytes
Older monuments in Laona Cemetery
More old monuments
laona703.jpg - 5706 Bytes
laona702.jpg - 6106 Bytes
Artistic SNYDER monumnent
CURTIS monument

Cemeteries in Winnebago County

Cemeteries in Northern Illinois
Cemeteries in Southern Wisconsin

ComPortOne Home Page