Cemeteries in Southern Wisconsin
OAKWOOD CEMETERY - EST 1840City of Beloit, Rock County, Wisconsin
The Oakwood Cemetery was established in 1840. Originally comprised of 12 acres. The Strong family donated an additional 15 acres to enlarge the cemetery and establish a public park [known as Strong Park]. Located on the east side of the cemetery, the Strong addition contains the memorial dedicated to Civil War veterans . There are four veterans sections within Oakwood consisting of a Civil War section, a Spanish-American War section, and two sections sponsored by the American Legion and V.F.W. for veterans from WWI.