MarkeTactics Pet Policy Recommendations
We had a great response to the Doggone It! Article. The suggestions changed hundred of dog policies across the country. Occupancies are soaring!
As a follow up to our article, Rob Foellinger has the following suggestions for your animal policy.
Dogs & Cats
- Reject the following breeds: All Hounds including beagles (except Dachshund), all Terriers, Chihuahuas, Apsos, Shih Tzus, Siberian Huskies, Pekinese, Chow Chows, and miniature Poodles.
- Dogs over 50 pounds must be provided with a sanitary crate (galvanized steel dog cage) of adequate size to allow freedom.
Dogs must be crated at all times when owners are absent from the apartment.
- Bulldogs, Akitas German Shepherds, Dobermans and Dalmatians must have certificates indicating that they have successfully completed an accredited basic obedience training course.
- Cats must have veterinary certificate stating that front claws have been removed.
Optional: Accept only dogs and cats with veterinary certificates indicating that they have spayed or neutered.
- Due to their need for extensive daily exercise, reject all dogs with adult weights over 80 pounds.
- Reject any dog or cat with a history of disruptive or aggressive behavior.
Note: Mixed breeds are classified according to which breed the animal resembles most in appearance and behavior.
- Reject all ferrets, squirrels, skunks, foxes, pigs, large tropical birds (parrots, etc.), insects and spiders, as well as lizards and snakes over 2 feet in length. Reject any mammal born in the wild.
- Small rodents (hamsters, guinea pigs, rats, mice, etc.) Must be housed in an appropriate steel cage. Lizards, snakes, crustaceans, and amphibians must be kept in an appropriate terrarium with a secure top.
- Aquariums must not exceed 20 gallon capacity.
- Reject any pet with a history of disruptive or aggressive behavior.
Reprinted with permission.
Rob Foellinger is President of MarkTactics Consulting Group, 317-845-2964. He is a national speaker who has earned recognition across the country as a Marketing Consultant, Instructor, Strategist, and Author.
Write to Rob Foellinger at 12206 Windsor Drive, Fishers, Indiana 46038.
Copyright 1996-1997 ComPortOne. All rights reserved.
Comments or suggestions? Email ComPortOne