Tart, tangy, sweet and different
3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
1 cup water
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup apple juice
1 can (6 oz) frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
1 bottle (2 liters) lemon-lime soda
- In a saucepan, combine rhubarb, water and sugar; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until the rhubarb is tender.
- Cool 30 minutes.
- In a blender, puree mixture, half at a time.
- Stir in apple juice and lemonade.
- Pour into freezer container, cover and freeze until firm.
- Let stand at room temperature for 45 minutes before serving.
- Place mixture into a punch bowl; add soda and stir.
- Serve immediately.
- Yield:10 servings
Summer Slush Drink
Refreshing, cool and just perfect for those long hot summer nights.
3 cup water
1 cup sugar
2 ripe bananas
cans (12 oz. each) unsweetened pineapple juice
6 oz. can frozen orange juice concentrate
6 oz. frozen lemonade concentrate
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
28 oz. carbonated water or chilled 7-up
- Bring water and sugar to boil and boil 3 minutes, uncovered. Cool.
- In blender, combine bananas and half pineapple juice. Cover and blend. Stir into cooled syrup. Stir in remaining pineapple juice and the thawed orange and lemonade concentrates. Add the lemon juice. Freeze in 13 X 9 inch pan.
- To serve, let thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes. Smash into slush and serve half and half with 7-up or cabonated water.
Cooking with Style
ComPortOne Home Page
Copyright ComPortOne © 1996-2002. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Email ComPortOne with your recipes and suggestions.