ComPortOne Main Dishes
Most people love this one - however I am married to someone who can't stand it - but since the rest of us like it, we make it anyway! Great for family gatherings!!
** Custom make it with your favorites meats and vegetables.
2 pkgs crescent rolls
2 pkgs cream cheese
1/2 c mayonaise
Meat i.e., chopped ham, turkey, bacon, etc.
*** Use only pre-cooked meats. ***
Raw veggies i.e., broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, tomatoes, lettuce,
- Place crescent rolls on cookie sheet and spread to form pizza crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees until brown.
- Mix cream cheese with mayonaise
- Spread on crust when cooled
- Add meat, veggies and cheese.
6 c boned turkey breast
1 box frozen broccoli spears, thawed
2 cans of chicken soup
1/2 c mayonaise
1/2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp lemon juice
Left-over turkey from the holidays? Try this easy and tasty casserole.
- Grease a glass baking dish, 8 X 12 inch.
- Place broccoli spears in bottom, then turkey on top.
- Pour sauce made from rest of ingredients over all.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serve with rice.
- Serves 4
1 lb lean hamburger, crumbled
1 green pepper, thinly sliced
1 small can mushrooms
1 small onion, diced
3 stalks of celery, sliced
1 16 oz can of cubed tomatoes
1 small can of tomato sauce or 1/2 cup of tomato juice
2 cups of prepared rice (follow recipe on rice package)
Fast, easy and good as leftovers - if you have any!
- In a skillet - Brown the hamburger, green pepper, mushrooms, onions, and celery. Cook til vegetables are tender.
- Add in tomatoes, tomato sauce, and prepared rice. Season to taste. Serve.
- If you like it spicier, consider adding chili powder or cumin.
Lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
1 lb hamburger
8 oz mushrooms (or fresh sliced)
32oz jar of Prego Spaghetti sauce
1 small can of tomato paste
1 tsp Oregano
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 large container cottage cheese (use 1%)
2 tbsp parsley flakes
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (lowfat)
2 pkgs shredded cheese (one of mozarella, one of mild cheddar)
Add garlic bread and a salad for a great meal!
- Boil the noodles according to the directions on the package.
- Crumble and brown the hamburger with the mushrooms.
(Drain the grease, rinse if desired.)
- Add in the Oregano, garlic salt, spaghetti sauce and the tomato paste. Heat and set on simmer while preparing the cottage cheese mixture.
- Mix together: cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, parlsey flakes and the eggs.
- Put a little sauce mixture into the bottom of an 9 X 13 pan, spread around. Place a layer of noodles in the pan. Add some of the cottage cheese mixture, then the spaghetti sauce, finally a layer of cheeses.
- Repeat the mixture until the pan is full, ending with a layer of cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees, until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Do not burn.
- Let sit for 5 minutes to firm up. Eat and enjoy!
Cooking with Style
ComPortOne Home Page
Copyright ComPortOne © 1996-2000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Email ComPortOne with your recipes and suggestions.
Last update December 15, 1999