ComPortOne Vegetable Recipes
Easy Pasta Salad
Quick, easy and versatile. A good pot luck contribution.
Ingredients (measurements vary)
Rotini noodles (boil according to directions, then cool)
Raw vegetables: i.e., Green peppers, Carrots, Cauliflower, Tomatoes, etc.
Ranch dressing, enough to lightly coat the vegetables
Cut up the vegetables. Add to cooled pasta. Add Ranch dressing. Toss. Also, use the vegetables of your choice to custom make the salad for your family. Store in the refrigerator.
Whipped Sweet Potatoes
We always make this one for Thanksgiving. This one is so good that even most people who don't usually like sweet potatoes like it!
Butter or margarine
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes
- Boil until soft (like boiled potatoes)
- Add small amount of milk and butter
- Beat with electric beater until smooth in consistency
- Scoup into casserole dish
- Cover with marshmallows (mini work well or tear the others in half)
- Bake at 350 degrees until the marshmallows are nicely browned.
- Add butter or margarine when serving, if desired.
Cooking with Style
ComPortOne Home Page